Games emulators are growing in popularity again. At one time, we needed Cydia to download them but the lack of updates to the third-party store means that users have been forced to look elsewhere and developers like Riley Testut ( twitter ) have made it easy for us with the release of Delta Emulator.
Delta Emulator is an updated version of the popular GBA4iOS emulator and it provides us with the means to play Gameboy and Nintendo games on our device. With no need for Cydia anymore, everyone can enjoy these games for free. Read more ( about ) the emulator in the linked article.
Download Delta Emulator :
Downloading this emulator is quite easy; there are many methods, for iOS and for Android so follow the guide below for your platform:
Method 1 : Using EMUS4U App
Using Emus4U app installer, you can download this Emulator on your iOS device. Tap the download button above for direct download and installation of Delta Emulator from Emus4U app installer .
- Download Emus4U app installer onto your iOS device from this link https://emus4u.app
- Open Emus4U by tapping the icon on your home screen
- Search for Delta app
- Tap the result that has the same iOS version as your iPhone or iPad
- Tap Install and wait; once the process has completed, the emulator app icon will be placed on your home screen, ready to use
Method 2 : Using AppValley App
AppValley is an excellent choice for an alternative solution if you cant use Emus4U app above on your device . Use direct download button above for installation on iPhone and iPad.
To download AppValley onto iOS device , you need to install the configuration profile; this is easy enough to do, here are the steps:
- Open your Safari browser and then open this link https://appvalley.app
- Wait for the AppValley download to start and, when asked to click on Install
- The download will start and you will see a “Waiting” message on-screen. If this stays there for a while, just tap it to start the download.
- Use the icon on your homepage to open AppValley and take note of what the Untrusted Developer error message says – there will be a developer name on it
- Go to Settings and open General > Profiles; click the profile with that name and click Trust
- Close Settings; you should find AppValley works ok now.
- If the installation is not successful, don’t worry; just repeat the steps. It might take one or two attempts to get it right.
Method 3 : Swift Playground from Apple
Note : This method works Only on the iPad. If you are an iPhone user , please try Gba4iOS app which is an alternative to Delta Emu.
- First install Swift Playgrounds on your iPad from the App Store.
- Now open this this ( link ) or this ( link ) on your iPad using Safari browser and no other browser . This will start the Swift Playgrounds application on your tablet.
- Find and click on the “Subscribe” option as it appears on the alerts screen.
- Now click on “Get” button on the Delta Lite playground in the newly added “Delta” section.
- Now launch the Delta Lite playground, and start playing your favorite NES games
Method 4 : IPA File
To install Delta app safely on your device using this method , you will need to use Cydia Impactor app to sign and sideload the .ipa file .
- Make sure that you have installed the latest iTunes version on your Mac or PC
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC; if iTunes opens, close it
- Download Cydia Impactor to your computer from https://cydiaimpactor.app
- Download the .ipa file for the emulator app to your PC or Mac from the download button above
- Open Cydia Impactor and check that it recognizes your device
- Move the .ipa file into Cydia impactor by dragging it
- Type your Apple credentials in and wait; Cydia Impactor will sign the Delta file so you can use it
- You will see the icon for the emulator on your homepage. Before you use it, open your Settings app
- Go the section for Profiles and Device Management under General
- Tap on the Delta profile and then tap Trust. Come out of Settings
- You can now use Delta app
Alternative Emulators :
We have listed a couple of alternative emulators for those who cannot get the Delta Emulator working on their device.
GBA4iOS is an alternative emulator app, providing the tools to play games from Gameboy, Gameboy Advance and Gameboy Color consoles. There is plenty of choice, plenty of excellent features, all providing as near a console experience as you will get from anywhere.
How to Delete :
If you find yourself in the position of needing to delete Delta app from your iPhone or iPad, we can assure you that it is very simple to do. Provided you follow the steps in the linked tutorial properly, your device will be back to how it was very quickly .
Fix Installation Problems :
Millions of people use Delta Emu every day and the number of people who have come up against errors of any sort are few and far between. There are, however, a few common errors that appear on installation but these are not serious and can easily be fixed. Find out more about these errors and solving them at the link below:
Delta Emulator is a great app for playing console games and, although only Gameboy and Nintendo are supported right now, the developer is expected to add support for more consoles at a later date. Given that there are some great games on Nintendo and Gameboy platforms, you should definitely try this emulator and see if your favorite is supported.
Let us know if it is and follow us on Facebook for more updates and news.