Games emulators have always been a popular download and most could only be downloaded from Cydia. One made its way into the iOS app store for a while, using a loophole that Apple managed to finally patch. Now GBA4iOS has been updated with support for all the latest iOS devices and firmware versions, it doesn’t need Cydia and it offers users the tools they need to play Gameboy console games on their iOS devices once more.
GBA4iOS is developed by Riley Testut who also crated the version of the emulator called Delta Emulator and offers users the chance to play some great games on their iOS devices, like Super Mario Brothers, Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, Final Fantasy, Mario Kart and many more. Testut has been working on the update for some time and has integrated the new features with the iOS SDK tools, providing you with the nearest console experience you will ever get without actually playing on the Gameboy consoles.
Emulator Features :
This unofficial emulator has long been the most sought-after installer for iOS and, since its update, it now has more features than ever before:
- User-friendly interface, easy to use
- Supports all devices on iOS 7 to iOS 12 and above
- Fully optimized for iPad
- Support for Dropbox, Airplay and Wireless Linking
- Supports many current cheat codes
- Several skins included
- Newly designed logo for the app icon
- Updated regularly
- Built-in browser
- Support for URL schemes
- Fast Forward feature
- Sustain Button and multiple Save states
- Event distribution
- Support built-in for external controllers (iOS 7)
- Controller vibration mode
- Play GBA, GB, and GBC games
- Lots of other useful features
Download GBA4iOS :
Downloading GBA4iOS is easy enough to do but you will need to do a little work to get it. There are two methods to download the app. Both of the methods are listed below.
Method 1 : Configuration Profile
- On your iOS device tap the download button above or install the TweakBox app from http://tweakbox.store/gba4ios where you can also search and find this link
- Follow the prompt that says trust the profile which can be done by going to Settings App > General > Profile .
- Trust the profile and you will be able to run the app directly from your device.
Method 2 : IPA File
The steps involve installing the .ipa file using an app called Cydia Impactor and for this, you are going to require your Apple ID and password to hand:
- Open iTunes and click on Help > Check for Updates to make sure iTunes is on the newest version.
- Plug your iPhone or iPad into your Mac or PC and shut down iTunes
- Download Cydia Impactor onto your computer from https://cydiaimpactor.app
- Download the .ipa file linked above and extract it
- Open Cydia Impactor and wait for it to detect your device
- Now find and drag the IPA to Cydia Impactor
- Input your Apple credentials and Cydia Impactor will retrieve the file and sign it for you
- When this is done Cydia Impactor will put the app icon on your home screen but there is one more thing to do before you use it
- On your iOS device, navigate to the Profiles and Device Management page through Settings > General
- Find the GBA4iOS profile and tap on it
- Tap Trust, close Settings, and the emulator is ready for use.
There you have it; downloading GBA4iOS is quite straightforward and in a short time you will have all you need to play your favorite GB games on your device.
Don’t forget to let us know what you are playing through GAB4iOS and stay updated with all the latest tips by following us on Facebook